- 20 January 2020 16 h 17 min (0)
The world’s oil and gas explorers discovered 12.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) in 2019, the highest volume since 2015, according to estimates from Rystad Energy. The replacement ratio was at about 19%. It is improving with respect to 2018 (15%), but it is still far from the 50% level of 2012, and from 100% in 2006, the last …
- 13 November 2019 23 h 18 min (0)
Shale gas and tight oil have provided a new lease on life for U.S. oil and gas production. But how sustainable is shale production in the long term given optimistic forecasts of robust production through 2050 and beyond?
- 10 October 2019 16 h 32 min (0)
Oil and gas companies have discovered 7.7 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) of conventional oil and gas year-to-date, according to Rystad Energy’s latest global discoveries report. The so-called resource replacement ratio for conventional resources now stands around 16%, meaning that only one barrel out of every six consumed is being replaced by new sources. See press release in pdf. …
Peak Oil News by Tom Whipple
- Brent futures fall $2 as coronavirus concerns grow
- Crude futures fall more than 2% as coronavirus concerns grow
- Oil drops below $60 as China virus drives demand concern
- Stocks, oil hit by China virus fears, safe havens gain
- Demand Fears Are Driving Today’s Oil Markets
- How Reliable Are The Big 3 Oil Forecasters?
- Libya’s Haftar makes push in western Libya
- Iraq Police Crack Down on Protests as Influential Cleric Withdraws Support
- Iran gas situation: Are power plants facing feedstock shortage?
- One killed as Iraqi security forces clash with protesters
- Iraqis Head to Streets After Security Forces Move to Quash Protests
- Food Shortages Exacerbate Suffering of Migrant Centers in Tripoli
- Iraq approves all 5th bidding round deals, aims to boost gas supply
- Libya’s oil output falls almost 80% since Jan. 18 port blockade: NOC
Rockets strike US embassy Baghdad, injure one – The Washington Post
by Tom Whipple on 27 January 2020 at 11 h 20 min