- 13 November 2019 23 h 18 min (0)
Shale gas and tight oil have provided a new lease on life for U.S. oil and gas production. But how sustainable is shale production in the long term given optimistic forecasts of robust production through 2050 and beyond?
- 10 October 2019 16 h 32 min (0)
Oil and gas companies have discovered 7.7 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) of conventional oil and gas year-to-date, according to Rystad Energy’s latest global discoveries report. The so-called resource replacement ratio for conventional resources now stands around 16%, meaning that only one barrel out of every six consumed is being replaced by new sources. See press release in pdf. …
- 18 January 2019 13 h 27 min (0)
On January 15, 2019, ASPO.be launched its new website. With french and english sections. Many publications about peak oil are written in English, while many readers of ASPO.be are francophone. To avoid to our visitors the struggle to search among documents written in a langage that is not familiar to them, we divided the website into French and English sections. …
Peak Oil News by Tom Whipple
- Oil prices drop as trade war concerns haunt market
- Goldman Sachs Sees Higher Oil Prices In 2020
- Recession Ahead: An Overview of Our Predicament
- Is This The Only Way To Make Nuclear Energy Work?
- OPEC Deal Could Send Oil To $70
- These Secretive Oil Companies Control $3 Trillion In Wealth
- Erdogan: Turkey and Libya can conduct joint explorations in eastern Med
- Libya Declares Force Majeure On Loadings From El-Feel Oilfield
- Israel’s Plan To Bypass The World’s Most Critical Oil Chokepoint
- Aramco Looks To Build An LNG Fleet
- Foreign Investors Get 23% Of Saudi Aramco’s Institutional IPO
- Iran President Announces Russia-Backed “Budget of Resistance”
- Saudi Arabia plans for lower 2020 oil revenues on OPEC cuts, global trade disputes
- Libya’s Mellitah crude exports on force majeure on El Feel closure: NOC
- What does the Aramco IPO tell us about Saudi reforms?