- 18 January 2019 13 h 27 min (0)
On January 15, 2019, ASPO.be launched its new website. With french and english sections. Many publications about peak oil are written in English, while many readers of ASPO.be are francophone. To avoid to our visitors the struggle to search among documents written in a langage that is not familiar to them, we divided the website into French and English sections. …
- Rystad Energy expects global conventional discoveries to be 9.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent in 2018.11 January 2019 15 h 54 min (0)
Guyana, Russia and the United States top the list with major discoveries. Rystad Energy expects 9.4 billion boe in conventional oil and gas for the year 2018, which constitute a replacement ratio of 15%. This ratio is low but is an improvement with respect to the 11% obtained in 2017. Read original document
- 2 July 2018 14 h 26 min (0)
In the last decade, we have witnessed seismic changes in the oil and gas industry, particularly regarding the economics of North American unconventional production. A significant portion of these advances have been attributed to technology, which many observers expect to be a continued source of deflation into the future. In this paper, we attempt to disaggregate structural improvements in well …
Peak Oil News by Tom Whipple
Peak-Oil.org on hiatus August 2019
by Daniel Lerch on 31 July 2019 at 17 h 44 min
- Oil gains on U.S. economic data, Gulf crude tanker dispute
- Nigeria: Excess Output Forces China to Export Petrol to Nigeria, Mexico
- Is India Close To Launching Its Own Gigafactory?
- India’s Venezuelan June oil imports highest in seven quarters: trade
- U.S. renews Chevron license in Venezuela for three months as Trump officials compromise
- Trump struggles to achieve 3 percent economic goal as growth slows
- U.S. oil drillers cut rigs for fourth week in a row: Baker Hughes
- Renewable Natural Gas Close To Taking Off In U.S.
- Rig Count Falls Falls Amid Stellar Decline In US Oil Production
- Bernie Sanders Calls For Line 5 Oil Pipeline To Be Shut Down
- US Drops Eight Oil, Gas Rigs
- Deepwater GOM Pipeline System Starts Up
- Russia’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline takes EU to court over new gas rules
Arctic wildfires: What’s caused huge swathes of flames to spread?
by Tom Whipple on 27 July 2019 at 10 h 40 min